Class 2 Document Signer Certificate
Class 2 Document Signer Certificate comes under the category of Special Purpose Certificates in the Interoperability Guidelines for Digital Signature Certificates issued under Information Technology Act. Version 3.5 20 June 2018 issued by CCA, these are termed as ‘Organisational Document Signer Certificate’ and are issued to organizational software applications for operating automatically to authenticate documents / information attributed to the organization by using Digital Signature applied on the document, documents / Information. Document Signer Certificates purpose is mainly for automated signing and also to reflect organizational responsibility.
Unlike an Organization User Digital Signature where the signature is issued to individual name with organizational value, Class 2 Document Signer Certificates are issued to ONLY Organization’s name.
Class 2 Document Signer Certificate can be issued for 1,2 & 3 Years Validity. Signing ONLY, Signing & Encryption(Combo) certificates are available under Class 2 Document Signer Certificates. It can be issued in P12/PFX. Oranization need to provide an undertaking for procuring Class 2 Document Signer Certificate in PFX format due to security issues. If you are looking for Document Signer Certificate for HSM.
Class 2 Document Signer Suggested Usage :
- Bulk signing of GST invoices, claims, agreements, contract notes, offer letters.
- Digital signing of insurance policies on servers.
- Digital Signing of multiple proposals for vendor on-boarding at once.
- Automated Signing of recurring bills like postpaid mobile bills of telecom companies or monthly or yearly subscription Invoice also.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS OF DOCUMENT SIGNER :
- Type of Certificate : Signing / Combo.
- User Types : Organization User.
- Algorithm of DSC : SHA 2.
- Class of DSC : Class 2 Document Signer.
- Validity of DSC : 1 Year, 2 Years, 3 Years.
- Bits of DSC : 2048 Bit.
- Storage of DSC : Class 2 – P12 / PFX.