1. System Requirements for Accessing the GST Common Portal
Desktop Browser: Internet Explorer 10+/ Chrome 49+ or Firefox 45+
Besides the above on browser compatibility following should not be disabled:
- Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) – used to render User Interface look and feel of the portal. Disabling this will not provide appropriate user experience
- Cookie – used to store personalized information of user. Disabling this will not allow user to login and perform any transaction in the portal.
Unzip tool to extract the certificates from a zipped single file – Example: WinZip 7+ / WinRAR 5+
2. System Requirements for Usage of Digital Signature Certificate
- Desktop Browser: Internet Explorer 10+/ Chrome 49+ or Firefox 45+
- Valid class 2 or class 3 Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) obtained from a DSC provider
- GST Common Portal supports only Crypto Tokens installed in Hard Tokens for DSC Registration
- For Hard Token based certificates, please refer user manual provided by Certifying Authority for certificate download, enrolment and usage of Hard Token
- Signing using DSC is not supported on mobile devices and browsers
Pre-requisites for installing Web socket installer
- Windows 32 / 64 bit OS
- Java 1.6 JRE 1.6.0_38+, Java 1.7, Java 1.8
- Windows: Admin access to install the emSigner component
- Any one of the following ports should be free
3. Downloading and Installing the Web Socket Installer
For downloading and installing the Web Socket Installer, perform the following steps:
- Download the Web Socket Installer from the DSC Registration page of the GST Common Portal.
- Double-click the emSigner.msi executable file.
- The emSigner Setup assistant wizard is displayed. Click the Next button.
- To install the emSigner in the default folder created under Program Files, click the Next button.
- The emSigner Setup page is displayed. Click the Install button to begin the installation process.
- Click the Finish button to exit the Set up wizard.
- Right click the emSigner icon placed on your Desktop and run as Administrator.
- A message indicating the start of the emSigner service is displayed. Click the OK button.
On successful set up, Digital Signature Signer window is displayed.